We have just one night left after tonight, I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed.
We’ve traveled just over 8000kms so far, we worked out we’ve traveled pretty much the same as Brisbane to Perth then back to Uluru. We have another 300ks to Frankfurt Wednesday morning to catch our flight home then we say goodbye to Europe, probably for many years. With both the kids at school now, it’s only going to get harder and harder to pull them out of school for extended periods, so maybe our next OS trip may have to wait until the kids are able to stay home by themselves. Or, since Nanny and Poppy will both be retired next year maybe we can . . . . . . hmmmm doesn’t matter !! I think the camper will get seeing the most holiday action, for a while anyway.
And I still can’t believe my parents came with us to Italy. Previous to this their idea of a “big trip” was a weekend to the Gold Coast, but now it’s official, they’re world travelers !! It also sounds a little like my mum may have caught the travel bug. She was asking about the cruise through The Inside Passage recently so hopefully they’ll go check that out next year !! Again THANK YOU so much for coming, it meant a lot to us that you did.
Here’s a few more shots from the streets taken in the last week. There’s a good chance everything will be packed tomorrow ready to head home so I’m guessing there won’t be a post tomorrow night.
But thanks for reading !!
1. It’s not everyday you see two fellas running around the mall in their undies having a cream pie fight !!
2. It was a tough crowd, these guys didn’t look too impressed !
3. I really do hope I don’t look like this when I’m snapping away !
4. I don’t really have anything to say about this one.
5. Looks like this kid has a similar thoughts as to the value of museums as our kids.
6. This gentleman wasn’t the only one that wished the rain would go away !!!!
7. Not a real lot I can say here either.
8. One of the performers was at the top of a 5mt pole, no safety harnesses, concrete below and balancing straight up on 1 hand.
9. Last one, for tonight anyway, and BTW I’ve decided I’m not having any more birthdays, 42 isn’t so bad, my memory isn’t too good any more but most of my other bits and pieces still work OK. Why am I telling you this, well I saw this lady at a side show about 3 times the other day. Body old and frail, but I’m pretty sure her mind and memory were still sharp. You could see her wishing with all her will and might to stand up and have one last go on the rides. The first 2 times I saw her she was in amongst too many people to get a shot, but the 3rd time was at the ferris wheel. This must have been her favourite ride I think for she spent the longest time there. It can really mess with your mind when you watch someone long enough, you just can’t help but put yourself in their position. It has to be tough knowing the best parts of your life are behind you, your mind is still willing but the body says no. Here I was able to wait for a couple of minutes until the crowd thinned and I was able to grab a few shots like this. And just like the shot from yesterday at the Jewish memorial, I so wanted to pass on my email so I could send them the shot. I’m kicking myself now for chickening out.